Outreach Coordinator - Bilingual English/Spanish
- New York, NY
The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Healthfirst members receive the required preventive services appropriate for their age, gender and other demographics. The Outreach Coordinator assists in all outreach activities, including but not limited to direct phone outreach to members (e.g., Spectrum of Health Campaigns). The Outreach Coordinator will conduct Health Risk Assessment (HRA) calls as appropriate and will also participate in HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) measure data collection, as applicable, including medical record acquisition via on-site and fax retrieval.
Work Schedule is 9:30 am to 6 pm.
This position works remotely until return to the workplace.
- Contacts members from assigned campaign lists to instruct them in the appropriate preventive health screenings as indicated by age, gender, line of business and other demographics.
- Conducts Health Risk Assessment screenings as appropriate.
- Works with members to facilitate appointments with Providers to expedite receipt of services as needed.
- Records findings of each encounter to include patient identifiers, relevant information and results of the phone call within the current computer application.
- Contacts Provider sites/offices to set up dates to review/retrieve medical records for QARR/HEDIS (Quality Assurance Reporting Requirements/Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) reviews.
- Documents information related to these tasks in appropriate systems or databases.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Previous work experience in a health-related field or environment (i.e. doctor's office, clinic, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of corporate e-mail systems (i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Basic knowledge in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to speak with members to thoroughly educate them on the suggested applicable preventive services and to conduct a Health Risk Assessment.
- Ability to function in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Associate's degree.
- Work experience with member outreach in a member services or call center environment preferred.
- Work experience with healthcare background or familiarity with medical terminology, HEDIS/QARR and Medicare STARS a plus.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.
Back to top