Mgr Assessment Nurse
This position ensures that prospective new and active enrollees/members are appropriately screened by assessment staff to meet eligibility requirements. Ensures that an initial and ongoing service plans are developed implemented and communicated with all relevant parties. This positon will direct the daily operations of scheduling, staffing needs, clinical coordination.
- Lead and manage daily operations (oversight of scheduling, clinical consultations, staffing) of teams of Reassessment Nurses.
- Ensures accurate and comprehensive completion of assessments and required State approved and internal documents including SAAM, MMSE and all nursing documents.
- Ensures accurate SAAM scoring and Delta entries.
- Coordinates and communicates services that are to be implemented or revised with SHP Care Management Teams for new enrollees or active members.
- Coordinates all requests for additional visits (ie: PRI/Screen, unscheduled reassessments) with Care Team Supervisors. Prioritizes all unscheduled visits and triages requests.
- Communicates with CHHAs or other health care providers to notify of start of care with SHP and discharge of cases if needed.
- Communicates to family members, new enrollees and referral sources outcome of assessment, reasons for and provides alternative health care recommendations if not serviced by Senior Health Partners.
- Coordinates and communicates with MLTCP Managers dis-enrollment or Significant change SAAM's.
- Ensures that probationary and annual performance appraisals are completed in an objective manner; that employees are encouraged to complete their self evaluation and that appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with QA department staff, coordinates orientation and in-service programs to meet regulatory requirements and support performance improvement.
- Supports the education of participants, family members and Care Team.
- Provides training regarding the issues of care for the frail elderly in community settings including self-care techniques and prevention strategies as needed.
- Participates in staff development and quality improvement projects.
- Provides feedback to the home care agencies and Care Team regarding home care issues and areas of performance improvement.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- NYS RN License.
- US based field work experience of which at least one year is in the following areas: Geriatrics, Home Care, Discharge Planning, Case Management or Medical Surgical Nursing.
- In order to access the Uniform Assessment System (UAS), an unexpired NYS driver's license or NYS ID is required. If residing outside of NYS, the candidate must be able to obtain a NYS ID before commencement of employment.
- BA or BSN
- Relevant clinical experience such as previous care or utilization management, home care, or geriatrics
- Knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) and CMS regulations.
- Previous supervisory or training experience
- Work experience with UAS/paperless database PHI systems
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and leadership skills along with ability to develop, direct, and support a team
- Time management, critical/creative thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Adept at planning, organizing, and executing
- Ability to build and enhance team productivity
- Ability to allocate, monitor, and control resources while delegating and monitoring workloads
- Ability to effectively manage performance as well as set and achieve goals
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top