Medical Records Coordinator
The Medical Record Coordinator is responsible for performing quality checks on automated reports, received scans, and guaranteeing electronic filing for assigned products and the corresponding members. The Medical Record Coordinator collaborates with multiple departments to obtain and confirm necessary documents are in place and properly set-up in the Electronic Medical System (EMS) database.
- Performs quality checks to maintain the integrity of events and criteria for reporting purposes.
- Processes members' electronic documents, proof of data for inaccuracies, and any other missing information.
- Resolves discrepancies identified using standard procedures and/or returning incomplete documents to their respective departments for correction and resolution.
- Responds and coordinates field assignments for Interpreters by checking availability and assigning staff as appropriate taking location into consideration.
- Facilitates manual mailings for other departments.
- Move existing members, auto-enrollees and dis-enrollments to and from the appropriate line of business lists in the centralized NY State Uniform Assessment System (UAS) for Integrated Products.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- HS diploma/GED
- Ability to prioritize and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in navigating the Internet.
- Ability to work with multiple electronic documentation systems simultaneously.
- Ability to troubleshoot or explain basic hardware and software errors and work with a Technician remotely to perform step-by-step repairs.
- Work experience with an electronic patient health information (PHI) database (medical records database).
- Microsoft Excel skills including edit, search, sort/filter, format using already created pivot tables to locate information.
- Data entry/database management experience with Microsoft Excel and other systems/ applications.
- Attention to detail performing quality checks and proofreading.
- Work experience in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, or managed care and medical terminology.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top