Interpreter - Bilingual / Verbal Fluency in English & Spanish
The bilingual Spanish-English Interpreter supports Healthfirst clinical teams by providing translation services during field home visits around downstate New York. The Interpreter also assists with member and family phone calls, facility visits, and other venues as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translation services: Supports the Healthfirst employees by interpreting the employee-to-member and member-to-employee conversation. Facilitate cross-cultural communication within allotted time for employee and member
- Responds to and escalates member questions, as directed
- Creates member records in the NY Uniform Assessment System (UAS)
- Assists with member correspondence by tracking letter type, subject, and other pertinent information on Excel.
- Schedules home visit appointments that best accommodate member and maps out itinerary based on geographic location for each employee.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to travel around downstate New York which includes the 5 boroughs, Long Island, and Westchester.
- In order to access the Uniform Assessment System (UAS), an unexpired NYS driver's license or NYS ID is required. If residing outside of NYS, the candidate must be able to obtain a NYS ID before commencement of employment.
- Strong preference for candidates with access to a vehicle to travel around downstate NY
- Work experience as an Interpreter/Translator or in a bilingual customer service role in the field and in a call-center.
- Customer experience such as a receptionist, in a call-center, or front desk information center.
- Experience with geriatric or other frail populations including their caregivers or in a health care office.
- Familiar with areas of NYC, Long Island, and/or lower Westchester.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top