The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing multi-pronged, multi-modal best-in class learning programs that align to the Healthfirst culture with an emphasis in digital transformation. The Instructional designer will execute learning analysis, design and development while adhering to design standards for assigned projects.
This position is a remote NY role but the chosen incumbent must reside in NY, NJ, CT or PA.
- Partner with senior instructional designer or other learning leader to identify learning objectives, gather requirements, define outcomes, and establish evaluation measures and success metrics.
- Engage in a collaborative development process ensuring to partner with SME's, media developers and key stakeholders as assigned to develop learning assets that align with predefined and rapidly prototyped processes and product solutions.
- Perform rapid prototyping, developing content from needs analysis within cross-functional processes and teams
- Design and develop learning materials for both asynchronous and synchronous training delivery.
- Design and develop content to support the comprehensive learning experience, including: course outlines, storyboards, facilitator guides, participant guides, exercise guides, and other content resources.
- Design and develop dynamic learning solutions which are engaging and creative, while maintaining the instructional integrity and validity of the solutions.
- Design and develop experiential learning material and training courseware, with a shift to responsive design that supports the learner in the flow of the work.
- Create content that enhances the retention, transfer, and application of knowledge, skills, and attitudes specific to roles, performance, culture, and outcomes.
- Develop multimedia assets with tools included in Adobe Creative Suite or comparable to supplement learning.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to support iterative improvements or enhancements to learning for improved business outcomes.
- Align training content to the defined standards and frameworks for all capability building across dispersed areas of the organization, ensuring alignment across all key stakeholders and business strategies.
- Ensure materials are up to date and relevant for a seamless experience within the team and for learners (e.g., course outline, digital pre-work and post-work, presentation materials, handouts, communications, participant guides, job aids, leader guides, etc.).
- Review content developed by peers and provide timely feedback
- Test/Validate e-Learning and other digital content to ensure an optimal end user experience
- Utilize the LMS to manage curriculum, capture program registration, and run reports on utilization and key performance indicators.
- Construct engaging training communications and sustainability plans that reinforce key knowledge and skill development beyond the initial courseware.
- Continuously monitor and solicit feedback on all training programs and materials to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness, while driving enhancements for improved adoption.
- Work with business leaders and project managers to meet training delivery schedules, with appropriate resourcing that meet business needs.
- Keep current with training and learning industry trends, best practices, new technologies, and emerging innovations, with a recommended plan on how to leverage at Healthfirst.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Two years or more experience in design and development of learning using industry standard course authoring tool(s)with specific focus on adhering to design standards, and outcomes-driven learning solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel Experience working in Learning Management Systems, and other tools to organize, track and coordinate learning.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex processes and translate into learning solutions for the learner to ensure understanding and retention.
- Strong planning, organizing, and execution skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically and critically in developing solutions to complex problems.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related adult learning field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience in designing e-Learning, simulations, system demonstration videos, teaser videos to drive excitement about learning opportunities, train-the-trainer and instructor-led facilitation content for synchronous and asynchronous modalities.
- Experience with designing active engagement learning experiences to drive retention and sustainability.
- Strategic thinking, creativity and flexibility in proactively addressing future challenges and opportunities specific to Healthfirst.
- Certifications in one or more course authoring and multi-media tools.
- Experience in change management or organizational development practices
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top