- New York, NY
The Healthcare Analyst supports the Network and Risk model department in performing functions that enable key business processes and practices. The incumbent of this position will interact with divisional subject matter experts, Network, and IT and other areas of the organization to provide support in various tasks related to achieving business objectives. The Healthcare Analyst will contribute to a broad set of projects across the department. This position requires an individual with emerging skills in the areas of Network and healthcare, and be someone who enjoys working in a fast|paced and challenging environment.
- Provide support to the Provider Organizations performance improvement work groups.
- Monitor costs and revenue trends for Provider Organizations and assist in understanding trends.
- Understand and analyze impacts of new program changes.
- Responsible for creating, modifying, and updating analysis for Provider Organizations.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from Network Management, Provider Organizations and physician groups. The requests include, but are not limited to, claims reports, Primary Care Physician Excess Medical Revenue (EMR) reports, and regulatory reports.
- Responsible for contract analysis and fee schedule modeling.
- Maintain current project logs and work plans on assignments.
- Must have analytical work experience within the healthcare industry specifically focusing on healthcare claims (i.e. hospitals, network, ancillary, medical facilities, healthcare vendor, commercial health insurance company, large physician practices, managed care organization, etc.)
- Must have proven work experience with SAS and/or SQL where you have created queries, pulled large data sets and performed data manipulations/analysis.
- Must have experience with MS Excel functions that include working with large data sets, creating standardized reports, utilizing vLookups and advanced functions/ formulas; creating, using and interpreting pivot tables, filtering and formatting.
- Knowledge of healthcare financial terms such as cost, utilization, Per Member Per Month (PMPM) and revenue.
- Basic understanding of Medicaid and Medicare programs or other healthcare plans.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.
Back to top