The Healthcare Analyst - Encounter Data in Finance Analysis will support the department in performing functions that enable key business processes and practices. The incumbent of this position will have the ability to create and own processes to meet and exceed departmental goals as well as New York State (NYSDOH) and Center for Medicare Services (CMS) regulatory expectations. The Healthcare Analyst -Encounter Data will work with other departments to ensure timely error remediation and accurate data submission. This position requires an individual with a strong technical background and experience with claims and/or encounter data. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment that is fast-paced and challenging.
- Support the production of encounter data submissions to NYSDOH/CMS as required by the respective reporting schedules. Responsibilities include reviewing data for quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for handling both internal and external errors in data submission process. Error records must be managed and corrected according to organizational policies and procedures.
- Document all coding, methodology and assumptions, data issues and impact to financial measures. Document development requirements, reviewing specifications, creating test plans, and reviewing user-acceptance test data.
- Reconcile between large data sources and research/correct discrepancies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Work experience with claims and/or encounter data.
- Proficiency in SAS and/or SQL with experience in pulling large data sets, performing data manipulations/analysis and using advanced programming functions.
- Ability to reconcile and analyze large data sets and assist in the documentation of processes for change control purposes.
- Experience with MS Excel - including working with large data sets, creating standardized reports, utilizing vLookups and advanced functions/ formulas; creating, using and interpreting pivot tables, filtering and formatting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work well in a team oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution with a concentration in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Healthcare Administration.
- Analytical work experience within the healthcare industry (i.e. hospitals, network, ancillary, medical facilities, healthcare vendor, commercial health insurance company, large physician practices, managed care organization, pharmaceutical, behavioral health organization, etc.).
- Work experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Understanding of Medicaid and Medicare programs and associated risk adjustment methodology.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Meet Some of Healthfirst's Employees
Sandra S.IT Portfolio Manager
Sandra leads a team of business analysts who collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders to more effectively strategize and forecast technology requirements.
Back to top