Director, Application Integration - App Dev
Healthfirst is a provider sponsored health insurance company that insures 1.2 million members in New York City and downstate New York. We are an innovative company and are at forefront of value-based healthcare. We are looking for people who relish working a complex environment, are passionate about data and applying their skills to helping us provide health insurance to an underserved population.
The Director of Application Integration will play a key role in the success of our data integration strategy that directly impacts critical internal business processes and our mobile strategy. You will be accountable for driving the overall technical vision, implementation, and delivery of an "integration hub" to enable delivery of real time data via message queues and APIs, integrating on-prem, cloud and mobile applications. The incumbent will oversee project execution, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget with quality outcomes.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for promoting ideas throughout the company. You will also be required to build and lead a high performing team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of application integration and software engineers (full-time and contingent) to develop next-generation near/real time application integration hub
- Supplies technical thought leadership in service of delivering enterprise-wide technology solutions.
- Develop standards and guidelines data "producers" ;and "consumers" of the data
- Develop and manage governance around usage of data and capabilities in the "integration hub".
- Collaborate with other leaders in IT and the business to prioritize work.
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent (full-time and contingent) to scale the program and meet customer demand.
- Lead the daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Champion SAFE Agile methodology and practices
- Supervise the delivery of high quality, well-written code that is quickly understood and easily supported by others.
- Partner with Product Managers and Program Managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives.
- Coach team members to progress their personal and professional goals.
- Bachelors in computer science or engineering discipline
- 10+ years of management experience within IT application development environments, at least 3 in a leadership position
- 3+ years of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) middleware domain experience with a distinguished track record of supporting a digital business model
- 3+ years of experience delivering solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies. - microservices, message queues, SOA etc.
- Demonstrable experience coaching and developing individuals to meet career objectives.
- Excellent communication and executive presentation abilities.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Experience as a solution or enterprise architect
- Experience delivering enterprise application integration solutions to enable digital business models - finance, retail, healthcare, ecommerce (b2c / b2b), etc.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile software delivery environment.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top