The Fleet Driver is responsible for maintaining an efficient, well organized community outreach vehicle (COV) and cargo van at the assigned Healthfirst marketing location. The Driver is accountable for the day to day operations on the assigned COV/cargo van, liable for all marketing materials on the assigned RV, the ordering of marketing supplies, daily set up and break down and responsible for the interior cleanliness and maintenance of the assigned vehicle. The driver will ensure that Healthfirst Marketing Representatives, Facilitated Enrollers and Managers are in an acceptable environment to perform their function of enrolling members into our plans.
- Checks the interior and exterior of the vehicle for cosmetic and operational concerns.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on the vehicle when necessary, included but not limited to daily vehicle inspections and the inspection of all engine fluids.
- Maintains confidentiality by keeping all potential client documentation in a secure and locked location within the COV/ cargo van and provides all documentation to the respective Facilitated Enrollment employee within 24 hours of receipt.
- Sets up marketing equipment and materials including promotional merchandise, gazebos and lemonade stands.
- Transports boxes of marketing materials that may weigh up to 100 lbs. to Healthfirst offices and marketing locations.
- Conducts an inventory check of necessary supplies and order supplies as necessary.
- Complies with local traffic regulations and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations while driving.
- Assists in the development and training of newly hired drivers. Builds relationships and maintains a good working relationship within the Fleet division of Sales Operations and Facilitated Enrollment Department.
- Informs Fleet Management and Facilitated Enrollment Management of all changes and incidents including competitor incidents and potential marketing obstacles.
- Assists Marketing Representatives and Facilitated Enrollers with administrative functions such as making copies, identifying EMEVs on computer to determine eligibility of Medicaid clients, obtaining and having the necessary supplies available when needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as a professional commercial driver.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B with zero points and no previous convictions.
- Evidence of completed DOT physical exam if not included in current CDL B license.
- Flexibility to work as assigned for three 10hour shifts Monday through Friday and a mandatory 10hour shift on Saturday or Sunday; 40 hour work week minimum (all shifts start at 7:00am)
- Knowledge and ability to perform basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting maps and driving directions.
- Knowledge navigating the Internet using mapping websites on the computer and Blackberry
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive information and files.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Communicate professionally and courteously with all internal and external partners and with a diverse population.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top