Community Engagement Specialist
- New York, NY
The community engagement specialist (CES) role is focused on identifying and creating access to marketing sites and scheduling events for HF sales units amongst new and existing HF members. This role is responsible for achieving daily lead generation targets within the guidelines of defined policies and regulations to increase Healthfirst's market share in a given geography. This representative will work to increase awareness and knowledge of product offerings to promote population health and wellness to increase member satisfaction.
- The CES has the primary responsibility of connecting Healthfirst with public schools, community-based organizations, colleges, owner hospitals, community health center, NYCHA, community providers, faith-based organizations, community boards, city agencies, elected officials and others
- On a monthly basis, develop 5-10 develop, organize, and attend joint PHSP and Medicare marketing and branding events and/or opportunities per month for the sales representatives to make presentations at CUNY sites, Pharmacies, Supermarkets, Food Pantries, Owner Hospitals, FQHCs, Community Providers, NYCHA locations, City Agencies, and other marketing sites to identify joint promotional opportunities with community partners
- Prepare weekly and monthly, business plans, monthly events calendars, managed care reports, order supplies for events and submit monthly expense reports
- Maintain communication with managed care and, outreach department to develop relationship with various hospitals and FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Center). Prepare weekly calendar of appointment and opportunities as required and define
- Partner with Sales teams, Regulatory, and Marketing departments to develop relationships with community partners and create marketing opportunities
- Build relationships with key community partners including senior centers, hospitals, clinics, government agencies, providers, and pharmacies
- Hold regular meetings with sales leaders to discuss, review and analyze enrollment and disenrollment trends, retention reports, industry forecasts, CMS rules, and competitive analysis.
- Collect and analyze Healthfirst, competitive, socioeconomic and other relevant data to identify trends and recommend new engagement opportunities
- Use reliable project management tools and methods to plan for events and projects
- Experience serving the New York metro area and its diverse communities
- Experience in community engagement creating and managing programs with measurable outcomes
- Ability to build strong community ties and relationships in multiple geographies within the New York metro area
- Proven success at lead generation for member acquisition by sales teams
- Community organizing and/or engagement experience within diverse geographies
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence
- Demonstrated professionalism in public spheres to represent HF in the communities served
- Must be highly collaborative and a model team member
- This is a field-based position. Incumbent must be willing to travel throughout the five (5) boroughs, Westchester, and/or Long Island (as needed) on a regular basis
- Ability to Drive (have a Driver's License & proof of insurance)
- Associates Degree from an accredited university
- Medicaid, Medicare or Commercial Insurance Sales Experience
- Solid understand of direct acquisition, retention marketing, and metrics to measure success
- Direct experience working for or with a health insurance carrier
- In-depth knowledge of New York's health insurance marketplace, products and industry
- Direct and multi-cultural marketing experience
- Experience tracking and measuring marketing and advertising campaigns
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top