Care Manager, Onsite at Hospital
The Onsite Care Manager performs assessments and reviews discharge planning for our members. This position has face-to-face member contact depending on the hospital's limitations and stipulations. The Onsite Care Manager collaborates with hospital clinicians and a care management team (which may include RN's, Social Workers, and Coordinators) to evaluate and treat members and provides education and consultation to members, family/caregivers, and other people responsible for the member's shared care.
Two positions available and each one will be based at a hospital in Bronx and Brooklyn.
- Reviews discharge planning assessments, medical records, and screening for members currently admitted to assigned hospitals.
- Discusses opportunities for developing and executing discharge plans with hospital and HF staff.
- Focuses on member psychosocial and socioeconomic needs.
- Assesses need for DME, home care, or SNF placement and may be called upon to do Utilization Review for those services.
- Educates and supports members throughout the continuum of care.
- Attends, prepares, and presents care reviews in Interdisciplinary Care team meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Active NYS RN, LMSW, or LCSW license (with experience in hospital discharge planning).
- Bilingual: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean.
- Ability to think critically and use problem-solving skills to ensure member care plans are followed.
- Understanding of how healthcare services impact costs and the ability to identify services that will result in the best quality outcomes for members.
- Certified Case Manager.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to educate and coordinate resources on an ongoing basis.
- Care management experience in a hospital, MLTC, workers' comp, or other entity with care management responsibilities.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- Experience working with a broad range of hospital staff including MDs, pharmacists, nurses, Care Managers, and senior executives.
License/Certification: Active NYS RN, LMSW, or LCSW certification
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities: N/A
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Meet Some of Healthfirst's Employees
Yanira P.Assessment Nurse, Clinical Eligibility
Yanira visits members to evaluate what type of care and which services they’ll need to safely manage their health at home. She also teaches members and their families about disease management.
Back to top