AVP Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Mgmt.
The AVP Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management will establish oversight and direction for the evaluation and quantification of all risks across Healthfirst. She/he will be responsible for driving the risk management strategy and serve as an effective, independent business partner and trusted advisor to senior staff. The AVP is also responsible for promoting efficient identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting of key risks and controls across Healthfirst.
This individual will provide information to the executive management regarding Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) policies and offer recommendations with respect to the Healthfirst's overall risk tolerance. She/he ensures that the company is compliant with government regulations and is responsible for building Healthfirst's ERM plan to enable profitable growth.
In addition, this position will be responsible for assisting in the development of Healthfirst' s annual Internal Audit plan and directing the completion of internal audits for Healthfirst.
- Build & Foster relationships across the organization by working directly with all key areas of the company to conduct comprehensive risk assessments and ensure the execution of appropriate monitoring and reporting methodologies
- Provide guidance and oversight to staff to complete assigned responsibilities
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current Internal Audit practices and techniques
- Assist in training staff and developing presentations to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Develop & Enhance ERM Compliance strategy, practices, and policies to analyze, quantify and report enterprise risks, and manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework
- Assist in determining the appropriate allocation of surplus across product lines to determine accurate rates of return and development of appropriate strategic corporate objectives
- Develop & Implement risk management vision, critical success factors and operating plans; develop and communicate department/enterprise vision, strategies, critical success factors and plans
- Create & Drive the development and communication of risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits for approval by the Executive Committee
- Oversee a measurement system that effectively ensures risk management strategies are successful
- Recommend risk avoidance strategies, risk mitigation actions and controls to business segments and enterprise functions; communicate findings to all levels of management and to people of various financial backgrounds and regulators
- Present the results and implications of modeling efforts to the impacted business units using ERM strategies to provide effective oversight of key current and potential risks, identify, assess, monitor, manage and communicate the impact
- Articulate the risk management strategy to outside observers/regulators/rating agencies including the key drivers of performance and macroeconomic factors, which can alter performance supporting company-wide efforts to promote a risk-based culture through employee awareness campaigns and training programs
- Perform scenario analyses including stress testing, sensitivity, and worst case to assess portfolio exposure to credit/market factors
- Monitor all operational risk management activities of the organization; analyze risks within the company's business units and report these risks to Senior Leadership
- Establish & nurture strong relationships with the key constituents at the corporate, regional/ subsidiary and product levels to develop a detailed understanding of the business activities and to apply risk systems and controls to influence the effective development of a risk framework focused on key risk categories both financial and non-financial
- Ensure the organization's risk management policies and strategies follow applicable regulations and strategic imperatives of the organization
- Assess, review, develop & implement finance planning models and systems as appropriate
- Utilize predictive modeling in the determination, analysis, and usage of excess surplus
- Stay abreast of best practice and external developments in risk related issues and ensuring that this learning is shared; keep up to date on professional and technical matters of relevance
- Oversee components of the internal audits to provide assurance regarding the proper functioning of financial and operational internal controls
- Determine the scope, objectives and procedures for assigned internal audits, based upon the annual audit plan
- Provide insight and guidance to the process of preparing accurate and well-written internal audit reports summaries, audit observations and recommendations
- Drive best practices as it relates to the documentation and review of all audit work papers for sufficiency and adequacy in supporting the conclusions reached
- Ensure appropriate follow up on corrective actions taken to address reported internal audit observations
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with an ability to establish a strategic direction and subsequently outline initiatives and develop priorities in support of that vision
- Prior experience in finance, accounting or audit
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Back to top