Under the direction of the Manager of Ancillary Services, the Ancillary Services Contractor develops and maintains an Ancillary provider network that ensures Healthfirst members have superior access to the highest quality by focusing efforts on lowering claims costs, improving the quality of care, and increasing member and provider network satisfaction.The individual must possess experience working in a managed care setting with specific background in network development, provider recruitment, provider outreach, claim resolution, provider education and contract negotiations. Works with multiple provider types, e.g. physician, ancillary, medical groups, behavioral health or hospitals to supports a full range of contract arrangements and pricing mechanisms.
Manage a network of Ancillary Providers for all lines of Healthfirst's business (such as Medicaid, CHP, Medicare, and Commercial).
- Monitor and audit contracted ancillary providers to ensure that accurate demographic, payment and fee schedules are loaded into the HF Provider System correctly
- Resolve configuration issues by identifying root causes to prevent claims denials and to ensure claims are paid correctly
- Facilitate meetings cross-departmentally to achieve positive outcomes in management of ancillary provider network
- Create contracts in HF contract software and review credentialing documents submitted by Provider/facility via Universal Credentialing Data Source, The Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) or PDF application to ensure that all the required credentials are included and that valid documents for behavioral Providers and facilities are provided
- Negotiate and execute Single Patient Agreements for Out of Network (OON) Providers in order to determine the Provider's payment arrangement
- Individual should be familiar with contracting and reimbursement methodologies for ancillary services providers
- Educate newly credentialed Providers on Healthfirst's policies and procedures such as billing and authorization requirements, utilization of Healthfirst's Provider portal, claims submission, etc., via various methods (telephonic, face-to-face, webinar, etc.
- Analyze provider network based on monthly report to ensure that Plan is meeting Health Plan Network (HPN) State requirements
- The individual would work closely with Network Management, Credentialing, and the business analytics unit within the Ancillary department, to complete the analysis
- Identify root cause of claims issues and facilitate resolution by working closely with Reimbursement and Claims departments
- Clearly communicate resolutions and progress to the Providers
- Assist Appeals and Grievances (A&G) department by acting as liaison between Providers and A&G department to achieve favorable outcomes of member related issues, complaints, balance billing and other issues
- Ensure that all Providers' inquiries received via email and phone call are addressed efficiently and effectively within required timeframe
- Assist management with research and facilitation of projects related to contract updates, new product implementation and new reimbursement methodologies
- Additional duties as assigned
- HSD/GED equivalent
- Experience managing or performing high level servicing to a portfolio of customers/providers
- Contracting experience
- Ability to work independently in dynamic environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong customer-centric and analytical skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-motivational qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
Please note: Since we care so greatly about our employees' and members' wellbeing, Healthfirst is moving to a fully vaccinated in-office environment. You must be vaccinated to work in our offices, even if you are partially remote. If you are selected to interview for this role, we will explain our vaccination policy and ensure you are comfortable moving forward with further interviews based on your work location.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.