Software Engineer (Cold Fusion)
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and talented Software Engineer to add to our fun and engaging engineering team that delivers valuable, high quality software to our customers. The Software Engineer will work closely with other engineers, QA team, support and product to ensure that quality product features are developed and carried out through the Agile/Scrum/Kanban-based software development lifecycle.
Additional Selling Points:
- Opportunity to Build: Due to our rapid growth and expansion, you will have the unique opportunity to develop processes, build structure, and more, as we continue to expand our organization.
- Innovative Culture: You will be working with a team that promotes innovation and seeks efficient, creative and quality ways to overcome the tasks at hand.
- Growth Market: We provide a fast-growing software solutions to the hottest industry vertical - Healthcare - with very little direct competitio
- Work/Life: The Addison office offers a team of engineers that are friendly and inviting. They are often going to lunch together, organizing happy hours, having fun in the office and often socializing outside the office.
This position will be located in our Addison, TX office and will report to our Software Engineering Manager. We are located just minutes from major highway intersections and many places to eat and shop.
As a Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Create, modify, develop, author, and implement software functionality, applications and services based upon requirements and architectural design.
- Work with a small and engaging development team in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban manner.
- Collaborate with the product team to develop valuable, quality software to deliver to our clients and the market.
- Develop high quality complex software through object-orientated software development.
- Maintain legacy code and functionality.
- Participate in the quality process though unit test design, authoring, and review.
- Work closely with quality engineers to develop test plans.
- Follow establish engineering guidance and governance procedures as defined in the team's Definition of Done and Working Agreement.
- Address questions and/or problems through troubleshooting and provides proper direction to support, product and others.
- Identify changing needs and priorities, crafts recommendations and communicates appropriately.
- Assist the team with miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Provide status updates to leadership on projects and performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience with ColdFusion
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with a modern IDE (Sublime, Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- Experience with a version control system (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Experience with a relational database system (i.e., SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with an MVC framework, such as FW/1
- Experience with troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies with minimal supervision
- A desire to work with, and quickly learn a modern development stack that includes jQuery, Bootstrap and Handlebars
- Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with .Net and OneClick apps
- Experience with SQL tuning and performance improvements
- Experience with Tomcat or a J2EE platform
Meet Some of HealthcareSource's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
JP clears the way for HealthcareSource to continue connecting people to perfect positions so that patients can always receive high-quality care.
Back to top