Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud Services
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud Services that will responsible for the ongoing monitoring, maintenance and administration of our hosted production environments.
The Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud Services is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our production servers as well as working closely with our development and services organizations to resolve any technical issues.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud Services; you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Install, administer, and troubleshoot Linux based systems in cloud environments.
- Provide emergency response for urgent site issues
- Provide technical expertise to ensure the successful operation of the hosted environment
- Perform monitoring of all hosted applications, network and other related devices that support our hosted environment
- Ensure strong security is in place at all times, including the installation of Linux and Microsoft security patches, the correct configurations of web servers and application servers and ensure security is inherent in all builds from the ground up
- Complete security audits on a regular basis
- Perform software installations, upgrades and migrations as required
- Manage all network backups, restores, file replication and script management
- Staging, testing, deployment of all production servers using our DevOps / hosting operations tools
- Develop, script, program, and maintain the current DevOps / hosting ops tools to support the hosting operations
- Ensure that all tickets are properly documented, prioritized and completed according to our Service Level Agreements with our customers
- Acquires and maintains strong understanding of all HealthcareSource products and how we can best leverage the hosting architecture to enhance stability and performance
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of internal information systems; help evolve system features, functionality and usability to support company requirements
As a Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud Services you’ll report to our Technical Operations Manager and work out of our Woburn, MA headquarters!
- Expert knowledge of Linux server systems especially Ubuntu, and familiarity with Windows servers
- Solid experience in AWS technology and cloud technologies
- Good experience administrating MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge and experience in administration, support and troubleshooting Load balancers, DNS servers and intimate knowledge of the SMTP protocol and email RFC
- Strong knowledge of network topologies, network protocols, Internet technologies
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts, high traffic/high availability networking concepts like load balancing, clustering
- Strong OS and application scripting skills in any or all of the following: shell, Ruby, Perl, Python are required. Git experience is a bonus!
- Experience monitoring web and database server performance
- Excellent analysis and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks
- Red Hat Certification Engineer or AWS Certified or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is ideal
- 7+ years of experience in a directly related position is required
- Certificate in system administration or a degree in a computer science or related field is ideal
With more than 3,000 healthcare clients, HealthcareSource is the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry. The HealthcareSource Quality Talent SuiteSM helps healthcare organizations build a Patient-Centered WorkforceTM by selecting, aligning, continuously developing and retaining highly-engaged people. The company’s cloud-based platform of software, content, services and analytics includes applicant tracking, reference checking, behavioral and skills-based competency assessments, compensation analysis, performance and learning management, eLearning courseware, education and advisory services. A private company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry, HealthcareSource consistently earns high marks for client satisfaction and retention. HealthcareSource has been regularly ranked as a leader by KLAS Research for Talent Management, in addition to recognition in Healthcare Informatics 100, Modern Healthcare’s “Healthcare’s Hottest,” Inc. 500|5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and Becker’s “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” list
HealthcareSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or veteran status.
Meet Some of HealthcareSource's Employees
Business Development Representative
Megan communicates with healthcare organizations that are under 4500 employees to spread the word about HealthcareSource—finding ways to help each organization match their needs to HealthcareSource products.
Back to top