Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud Services who can work independently and provide leadership to the SaaS Operations team which is running a mission critical software as a service (SaaS) environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with experience of deploying and managing systems supporting SaaS solutions in a high security and high availability environment.
This position is located in our Woburn, MA headquarters and reports to our Technical Operations Manager.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud Services, your typical day might look like this:
• Planning/Design: ◦ Solution Design, Delivery and Support, turning business needs into technology solutions, such as project management, gathering business requirements, design, development, implementing into production, support and maintenance.
◦ Provide input into best practices with automation, systems management, processes, standards, application performance, capability, tuning, storage and network
◦ Define improvements for operating policies and technical architecture
◦ Provide foresight into potential future technology trends or issues that will impact the organization
◦ Evaluate new technologies that could be beneficial to the enterprise
◦ Participate in the delivery of automated infrastructure and software delivery tools
• Leadership: ◦ Provide proven leadership in developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available, micro service oriented SaaS environment
◦ Influence standards and platform(s) for future application development and help develop team members to utilize the technologies
◦ Write and manage technical documentation, policies, and procedures
◦ Actively engage with peer technical teams as appropriate to ensure a holistic approach to planning and problem solving when required
◦ Mentor junior team members
◦ Communicate with client and professional services teams to assist customers understand, improve and troubleshoot their connectivity to HealthcareSource.com and/or the Internet
• 5+ years’ experience in a high volume 24x7 SaaS environment
• Understanding of complex distributed software ecosystems
• Understanding of software and systems quality issues
• Experience with IT transformation, data center consolidations and migration
• Consulting skills - able to communicate ideas, design solutions, and market them
• In depth knowledge of application development including application servers, middleware, systems management, monitoring, configuration management, capacity planning and performance tuning, highly availability architectures
• Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams.
• Expert Network skills including Design, Configuration, and Analysis
• Strong understanding of IP subnetting, routing protocols and the ability to understand concepts behind subnets, VLSM and VLANs
• Experience with F5 network load balancing, Dell, Cisco and Juniper networking products
• Expert knowledge of Windows Server and Failover Clustering
• Expert knowledge of Storage Area Networks
• Expert knowledge and experience with F5 load balancer
• Expert knowledge of VMWare ESXi & vCenter
• Strong knowledge of PowerShell
• Strong knowledge of MS SQL 2008/2014/2016
• Experience with Microsoft IIS and.NET Framework
You Might Have:
• Public cloud provider experience (AWS and/or Azure)
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix and related technologies
• Experience with SQL Server Always On
• DevOps expertise including automation and continuous delivery model
With more than 3,000 healthcare clients, HealthcareSource is the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry. The HealthcareSource Quality Talent SuiteSMhelps healthcare organizations build a Patient-Centered WorkforceTMby selecting, aligning, continuously developing and retaining highly-engaged people. The company’s cloud-based platform of software, content, services and analytics includes applicant tracking, reference checking, behavioral and skills-based competency assessments, compensation analysis, performance and learning management, eLearning courseware, education and advisory services. A private company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry, HealthcareSource consistently earns high marks for client satisfaction and retention. HealthcareSource has been regularly ranked as a leader by KLAS Research for Talent Management, in addition to recognition in Healthcare Informatics 100, Modern Healthcare’s “Healthcare’s Hottest,” Inc. 500|5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and Becker’s “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” list.
HealthcareSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or veteran status.
Back to top