Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
- New York, NY
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system, rewired for access and affordability.
We all know someone that has struggled with mental health - 1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition - but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost - seventy percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is building the first national, virtual network of therapists who accept insurance, helping providers to expand their practices, and individuals to finally find a therapist they can afford. And we’re doing it all through software.
We launched in April of 2019 and are already powering thousands of therapy appointments every single day. To scale our mission, we’ve raised funding from the world’s preeminent VCs (backers of Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar) as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, and Clover Health).
We believe a team's strength is in its people. Headway is solving a national problem of affordability, and we know this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.
Join us, and make an impact.
What you will be doing
- Push code, own architectural decisions for an engineering team deploying daily across consumer-facing, therapist-facing, and internal-facing platforms; back-end web services. Our back-end is Python, our front-end is React
- Work with our Head of Engineering to build an engineering team as it doubles in size over the next year
- Work alongside the co-founders to help set the development roadmap and bring to market novel technology solutions to America’s mental health epidemic
- Grow and learn by doing. You’ll contribute to any part of the business that interests you. Interested in product management? Great -- work with us to conduct user research and build out our roadmap. Want to learn about user acquisition? Awesome -- help implement our SEO strategy
- Change the trajectory of a startup striving to redefine access to mental health in America
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- You want to work on both the back-end and front-end of our codebase
- You enjoy building things from the ground up
- You have have a track record of working well across teams and functions
Nice to haves
- You have prior experience with Python and React
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related field
- You are skilled in product, design, or other position complementary to software engineering
- You have worked as an engineering manager or engineering lead at an early stage startup
- You have managed AWS infrastructure
Back to top