Provider Growth Associate
- New York, NY
Headway’s mission is to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States.
We all know someone who has struggled with mental health—1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition—but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost. Eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive. Headway is solving this problem by building a managed marketplace that brings together patients and therapists, and takes care of all the messy insurance stuff behind the scenes.
After launching in April of 2019, we are already facilitating thousands of appointments each month, and have the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of: Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar), as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron, and Clover, plus the founders of Seamless and Giphy).
Join our team and our mission, and do something that matters.
About The Role
As a member of our Provider Growth team, reporting to one of Headway’s cofounders, you’ll be instrumental in developing and executing the playbook that allows us to grow our community of providers, strengthen our business and further increase access to quality care for those who need it.
As a sales expert in a highly entrepreneurial environment, you’ll identify promising growth channels, generate leads, close deals and design a repeatable sales process that will support our mission of solving America’s mental health crisis.
You’re our front door for therapists, so in addition to representing our business and brand, you’ll work cross-functionally to translate the insights you glean from your sales process into products and processes that help us execute on our mission.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- 1+ years experience in consultative sales or consumer sales (bonus points if you’ve done this in a startup environment, or sold to small businesses before)
- You know how to connect with people whether in person, over the phone, or over email.
- You have a deep work ethic and the desire to always get better.
- You like to be challenged and push yourself to get better every day and in every pitch.
- You have a thick skin, comfortable thinking on your feet, trying new approaches, and bouncing back when things don’t go your way.
- You take a scientific approach to growth, experimenting with a variety of tactics to discover how to generate leads and sell. And you have the analytical ability to identify which channels warrant more investment, and which we should avoid.
- You want to learn and grow. You view this role as an opportunity to learn from a bright and talented team and are excited to take on more responsibility at Headway over time.
- You believe in our mission.
- You want to work for Headway because you believe in the importance of affordable and accessible mental health care, for everyone.
Back to top