Physician Partnerships Associate
- New York, NY
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system, rewired for access and affordability.
We all know someone that has struggled with mental health - 1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition - but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost - seventy percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is building the first national, virtual network of therapists who accept insurance, helping providers to expand their practices, and individuals to finally find a therapist they can afford. And we’re doing it all through software.
We launched in April of 2019 and are already powering thousands of therapy appointments every single day. To scale our mission, we’ve raised funding from the world’s preeminent VCs (backers of Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar) as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, and Clover Health).
We believe a team's strength is in its people. Headway is solving a national problem of affordability, and we know this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.
Join us, and make an impact.
Today, a single primary care physician (PCP) refers five to ten patients each week to therapy. Unfortunately, most of these patients never see a therapist because they simply can’t find one who accepts their insurance. By partnering with PCPs, pediatricians, and OBGYNs in NY and across the country, Headway can ensure that these patients are able to find therapists to get the care they need.
This channel will be one of the most important drivers of Headway’s continued growth and success, and we’re looking for the right people to build it out.
This is a full-cycle sales role, and you will be responsible for activating and growing partnerships with physicians to successfully generate patient referrals—all the while helping further shaping the growth of this channel via creative and thoughtful experimentation. You’ll be instrumental in scaling these partnerships both here in New York and across the country as we launch new markets and make therapy more accessible nationwide.
You’ll be a great fit if…
- You have 2+ years of SMB sales or account management experience
- You have exceptional communication and sales skills to build successful partner relationships
- You thrive in ambiguity and get excited about solving open-ended problems through collaboration and creative experimentation
- You can approach new challenges thoughtfully and analytically
- You are highly coachable, collaborative, and open to feedback
- You can work effectively across functions and can think strategically beyond scope of sales
- You can be scrappy but still strategic
- You are organized, operationally excellent, and capable of managing a high-volume pipeline
- You are passionate about increasing access to mental health
Headway is currently remote, and will be for the foreseeable future. However, once it is deemed safe to do so, we will be returning to our office in NYC.
Back to top