VP Enterprise Project Management Office
Job ID: BDP-1015843 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
At HCSC, we believe the role of the Enterprise Project Management Office is to help our organization achieve our strategic objectives and thrive amid exciting change in the health care industry.
Our leadership, including both Business and Information Technology leaders, are working together to identify and deliver priorities that will improve our ability to support our members with access to quality, affordable health care.
We are looking for a transformational Enterprise Project Management Office leader who wants to be part of helping HCSC to deliver on its purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health.
The Vice President of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), reports to the Divisional Senior Vice President of the Enterprise IT Services organization and is responsible for the project management delivery of an enterprise portfolio in excess of $300M across all aspects of Health Care Service Corporation. The EPMO leader works with business partners, IT, stakeholders and executives, and with the EPMO organization of ~250 professionals to spearhead project delivery with a focus on providing a better experience for our customers, making it easier for them to do business with us, and driving exciting innovative change across the healthcare landscape to make a difference for our members.
- Is passionate about understanding our business and collaborating with our business partners and IT leaders to make a difference for our members
- Builds strategic relationships across relevant business and IT teams in order to drive alignment and sponsorship for all projects
- Has deep understanding and demonstrated ability in driving organizational and cultural change
- Builds environments that prioritizes strong client relationships that focuses on understanding and achieving business outcomes
- Is experienced leading in a complex, highly regulated, matrixed environment
- Has relevant experience developing and implementing strategies that strengthen the organization's program and project management capabilities
- Has hands-on experience delivering multi-million dollar business change programs
- Is a subject matter expert, bringing a keen awareness of industry trends and emerging project management practices
- Is an industry thought leader who creates an environment for continuous learning
Required Job Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a business or health care related field
- At least 15 years of complex project management, including 5 or more years at a leadership level
- Knowledge of the health care or managed care industry and current trends
- Experience in business transaction management and negotiations
- Excellent communicationn and negotiation skills
- Strong partnership skills - must be able to develop and build relationships at all levels of the organization based on trust, transparency, and by delivering on commitments
- Proven ability to lead and work within teams, including the hiring, managing, coaching, and development of project management staff
- Knowledge of principles and philosophies of total quality management and high performance work systems
- Strong technology and business acumen
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Significant experience with project management tools, methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with multiple business change and system development life cycle methodologies (Agile/Scrum, XP, Waterfall)
- Knowledge of business process management methods, techniques, best practices, and tools
- Knowledge of balanced scorecard techniques, processes, and procedures
- Advanced degree
Requirements: Expertise Project Management Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top