Vendor Management Analyst II
This position is responsible for participating and supporting vendor management processes for assigned supplier(s) or team members (i.e. contractual terms, SLA(s), KPIs, guarantees and penalties, invoicing). This position monitors / analyzes vendor performance, measures performance against SLAs, KPIs, identifies supplier improvement opportunities, coordinates supplier audit activities / responds to and coordinates supplier interactions with HCSC departments. This role also supports other team members, manager / director related to vendor management activities.
Member of a high performing team, responsible for executing on supplier governance solutions for suppliers in support of the HCSC business needs. Responsible for fostering relationships (internal and external), and managing performance and issues for suppliers as directed. This position is accountable for managing and measuring the metrics of success, ensuring suppliers are delivering on business needs, driving supplier performance improvements and mitigating suppler risk. Provides oversight and direction to external third-party vendors to ensure adherence to HCSC standards and requirements. This role will support team members, and leadership on related enterprise and operational governance management activities; such as general supplier reporting, risk and compliance reporting, SharePoint or document management and tool management. As an Enterprise Supplier Management Analyst you will gain a vast knowledge of the inner workings and operations for one of the largest healthcare plans in North America. Successful candidates should have a strong desire of learning about multiple industries that they will engage with on a daily basis.
Required Job Qualifications:
• College Degree in Business or Finance, or 4 years of relevant experience PLUS: 2-3 years of experience with vendor interactions or managing vendors and/or experience in a procurement environment
• Analytical skills to support and enhance procurement strategy and goals.
• Ability to function in ambiguous and/or time-sensitive situations.
• Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge and skills to participate and be effective in vendor interactions and vendor management with industry suppliers.
• Strong multitasking capabilities
• Knowledge of strategic sourcing principles.
• Experience in project management and vendor negotiation.
• Ability to influence stakeholders
• Experience developing presentations and presenting to management and other internal groups.
• PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to negotiate successfully with suppliers
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Knowledge of HCSC organization
• Knowledge of Business Process Outsourcing
• Knowledge of Insurance industry
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Procurement / Strategic Sourcing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top