Unix Service Admin
Job ID: JR-1018394 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for handling 24x7 operations infrastructure support services of all non-production and production AIX, Solaris and Linux servers; handling the use of analytics to improve service, availability, and customer interactions; handling incident resolution, performing root cause analysis; closely interacting with the distributed computer engineering team; identifying and implementing automation for efficiency of server administration.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years in Information Technology OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 4 years Information Technology experience OR 6 years Information Technology experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 framework
- Knowledge of ITSM systems
- Knowledge of Infrastructure technologies, including storage and network.
- Must have 4+ years of experience as UNIX System Administrator in IBM-AIX, Solaris, and Red Hat Enterprise.
- Experienced with planning and installation of patches, Security fixes, and packages.
- Experienced in installation, Configuration and administration of LPAR's, administration of VIO Server and VIO client LPAR'S
- Experienced in configuration and administration of Fiber Adapter's and handling connectivity to SAN
- Good knowledge and understanding of LPM (live partition mobility) and NPIV, configuring and installing LPM in the environment.
- Experience moving LPAR's from one frame to another frame using LPM Supplier management
- Design and implement creative solutions that improve system processes through automation and documentation
- Hand-on experience with DR planning and testing
- Infrastructure domain knowledge
- Incident, problem and change management
- Experience with of shell scripting.
- Knowledge of Bladelogic a big plus
- Customer service oriented
- Adaptability and ability to introduce/manage change
- Drive conflict management in high-pressure situations
- Performance / metrics-driven decision making
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent career experience
- Oral/written communication skills
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top