University Relations - Sales Delivery Support Intern
Job ID: CP-1019973 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Why Intern at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures — ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This 10-week internship will be located in Richardson, TX
What Are The Team's Responsibilities?
This team is responsible for supporting national and local accounts by preparing an account's group configuration for membership readiness. Duties include partnering with Account Management/Sales to create the account structure, complete paperwork review for accuracy and completeness, handle input set up process, creating installation timelines and planning documentation. Also, includes handling quality and technology support duties may also include peer review, system testing and validation of inventory management distribution and reporting includes handling quality and technology support.
What Are Your Responsibilities?
- Complete implementation timelines, plan and facilitate client meetings and project manage large group custom account installation.
- Prepare responses to comments/questions from Account Managers, brokers, consultants or clients resulting from booklet draft review.
- Communicate action on booklet production and respond to questions from Marketing and other departments via email or telephone in a timely manner.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with CRM/Salesforce is preferable
- Previous internship experience preferred
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (at this time, we are not offering this program under OPT or CPT or sponsoring work visas for these roles).
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real world hands on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
- City-specific outing
Requirements: Expertise Sales & Account Management, Communications, Marketing / E-Solutions Job Type Intern Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top