University Relations - IT Analyst Intern
Why Intern at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures - ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This 10-week internship will be located in Richardson, TX.
What Are Your Responsibilities?
- Support project activities such as gathering requirements, converting them into technical specifications, meeting preparation (PowerPoint, meeting minutes, scheduling), etc.
- Documenting workflows based on shadowing a BA in EUS preparation meetings.
- Execute various systems, integration, regression, and ad-hoc tests according to test plans
- Ensure the creation of weekly testing dashboards - reports on test preparation and execution status
- Raise issues and risks to testing timeline such as deliverable hand off delays, environment readiness issues, etc.
- Manage defect reports for issues found during testing, and provide accurate testing status to project stakeholders
-Attend daily status phone calls with Test Managers to report testing statuses and issues
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in a Business related field majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology, STEM or related field
- Graduation date between December 2019 - June 2020
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Able to Problem Solve
- Ability to collaborate with team
- Detail Oriented
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively, independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel).
- Possess an interest in the insurance/information technology industries
- Project management and customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real world hands on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
- Team Building
- City-specific outing
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Intern Location TX - Richardson
Back to top