University Relations - Associate Auditor
Job ID: AS-1019987 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for participating in sub-audits or small audits of financial and operational controls of various departments to assure compliance with prescribed procedures and policies.
- Examines, tests and verifies statistical and accounting data (computer and manual) to verify that transactions are properly and accurately recorded.
- Assists in the examination, testing and verification of conformance of operating practices to established procedures.
- Prepares substantiating work papers in accordance with generally accepted audit techniques and departmental guidelines.
- Compiles data to be used in audits and in analytical studies.
- Reports all inadequacies and discrepancies in accounting and/or policy and procedure compliance along with suggestion for improvement and proposed adjustment to audit lead.
- Assists in the preparation of reports detailing findings, conclusions and recommendations to Manager – Internal Audit.
- Conducts special studies as assigned by Manager – Internal Audit.
- Develops and maintains familiarity with accounting principles, laws, regulations and ruling that would relate to the issues under audit.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a graduation date between December 2017 – June 2018
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (at this time, we are not offering this program under OPT or CPT or sponsoring work visas for these roles).
- Accounting, finance, systems analysis (manual systems), word processing, spreadsheet and data base software.
Requirements: Expertise Actuarial, Accounting / Finance, Audit Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top