University Relations - Actuarial Assistant
Job ID: AS-1020033 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for participating in implementation, maintenance and basic analysis of models, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving, forecasting and other actuarial functions; and participating in preparation of analytical reports and presentation materials.
- Conducts analysis in order to estimate financial outcomes for assigned lines of business using the principles of pricing, underwriting, risk assessment, statistics, reserving, forecasting, expense or other actuarial concepts.
- Writes and assists in design of models using actuarial calculations.
- Performs actuarial research on benefit utilization, pricing structures, underwriting programs by applying actuarial mathematical concepts and formulas.
- Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance, business and economics to perform actuarial calculations and analyses.
- Assists in maintenance of historical databases of income, claims, members, expenses or other information to support departmental functions.
- Assists in preparation of rate filings and financial statements for submission to the State Department of Insurance.
- Must participate in the Actuarial Student Program.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
- Complies with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of company business.
- Maintains communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and performs special projects as required or requested.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science or Mathematics with a graduation date between December 2017 – June 2018.
- Completion of 1 ASA (Associate Society of Actuaries) exam equivalent as specified in the Society of Actuaries Flexible Education System.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (at this time, we are not offering this program under OPT or CPT or sponsoring work visas for these roles).
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS: *Group Health actuarial experience.
Requirements: Expertise Actuarial, Accounting / Finance Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top