University Relations - Accounting Intern
Why Intern at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This 10-week internship will be located in Richardson, Texas
What Are Your Responsibilities?
In this role you may be assigned to one or more of the responsibilities indicated.
- Perform quality review activities for onshore and offshore financial operations to ensure compliance with applicable departmental, corporate and regulatory policies, procedures and requirements.
- Responsible for researching Producer/GA commission and bonus inquiries. Research and analyze issues to determine the root cause of errors. Communicate and assist with corrections to source systems; and create manual commission adjustments when needed.
- Responsible for working exception reports and creating appropriate commission adjustments to be Processed in the commission system.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to make independent judgments
- Possess critical thinking, organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Previous internship experience preferred
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Graduation date between December 2019 - June 2020
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real world hands on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
- City-specific outing
- Team Building
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Accounting / Finance Job Type Intern Location TX - Richardson
Back to top