University New Grad - IT QA Associate
Why Start Your Career at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures - ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This position will be located in Richardson,TX
What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position is responsible for executing functional and non-functional testing; assisting in creating standardized test plans and estimating costs of testing efforts.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Knowledge of technologies testing.
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure integration.
- Knowledge of SDLC Methodology - Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development.
- Knowledge of ITIL.
- Knowledge of code versioning / code merge.
- Knowledge of Iterative / Agile / Scrum development.
- Knowledge of mobile testing.
- Knowledge of ALM/SQL/SDM.
- Knowledge of performance center.
- Knowledge of HP LoadRunner, QualityCenter and other QA and testing tools.
- Knowledge of web technologies - HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHP/Ruby/C#.
- Knowledge of scripting languages - BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY.
- Knowledge of traditional app technology - C++, COBOL, Perl, SAP, etc.
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems; detail oriented; problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Previous internship experience preferred
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in a Business related field majoring in Computer Science or Information Technology or STEM or related field.
- Graduation date between December 2018 - June 2019
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Does the New Grad Program Entail?
- Formal Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real world hands on project
- Quarterly networking opportunities & professional development workshops among peers and company leaders
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
- Mentorship opportunities
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Back to top