University New Grad - Government & Consumer Strategy Leadership Rotational Fellow
The Government & Consumer Strategy Leadership Rotational Fellow is a 12 month development program focused on building the foundation for strategic thinking and transformational change in the health care payer space, an area that is dynamic, rapidly evolving, and a key focus of national discussions on the future of health care. Program members will gain hands-on experience supporting high profile strategic projects that are tackling key business priorities across multiple lines of business and functional areas, including Employer, Medicare, Medicaid, the Consumer Market, and the Provider Network space. The fellowship is structured around 2-3 rotations designed to advance skills in strategic planning, communication, and leadership, as well as to prepare program members for attaining a permanent role within HCSC.
Key Tenets of the HCSC Rotational Fellowship Experience:
Exposure to Senior Leadership
- Professional development through executive mentorship
- Opportunities to interact with and present projects to senior level executives
- Formal and informal networking across multiple functional areas
Ability to Influence Strategy
- Rotations through teams that support the Medicare, Medicaid and Individual Markets' Strategy as well as Enterprise Network Strategy and Operations
- Opportunity to create innovate approaches to healthcare
- Ability to improve skills in strategic planning and analysis, communication, and leadership
Broad Exposure to Organization
- Project work throughout a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to experience operations of multiple lines of business and support areas throughout the organization
- Exposure to a large and diverse organization
Required Job Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have a MHA, MHSA, MBA, MPH, or equivalent degree from an accredited graduate program, and graduate in the 2017-18 school year.
•Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
•Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
•Project management skills; strong organization, prioritization and problem solving skills.
•Experience interacting with personnel of multiple departments and at various levels in the organization.
•Knowledge of strategic planning techniques and industry trends.
•Experience with analytics and information synthesis.
•Verbal and written communications skills including interpersonal communication skills to work across departments, build relationships and garner information from various sources.
•PC proficiency to include MS Office products.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Health care industry experience.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Corporate Strategy Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top