University New Grad - Financial Analyst (Budget)
Why Start your Career at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
Opportunities Available in Health Tech and Service Delivery Operations
Health Tech (IT)
This position is responsible for monitoring operating expenses for one or more cost centers and leaders within the HealthTech Division of HCSC.
This position in Finance is responsible for supporting Financial Planning and Analysis activities across the Service & Delivery Operations (SDO) division. This role will provide support to all levels of the Financial Management team and customers in the development and monitoring of divisional budgets, forecasts, and projects.
What Are Your Responsibilities? (Duties will include but are not limited to):
- Prepare monthly financial reports, perform variance analysis, and clearly communicate results.
- Assist with annual budget creation and monthly forecasts.
- Assist with month end close and monthly reports.
- Help facilitate meetings
- Support the Analysts, Managers and Directors in the Division with ad-hoc requests and analysis.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Knowledge of business systems and accounting practices
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner and work within teams and across matrixed groups
- Strong analytical skills
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or IT
- Proficiency with Microsoft products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Graduation date between December 2018 - June 2019
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Are the Preferred Requirements:
- Exposure to other tools and software like: Oracle EPM, Clarity PPM, Apptio, MS Project
- Exposure to IT Finance (preferred)
- Experience with financial modeling
- Customer service skills including managing customers' expectations and/or vendor relationships
What Does the New Grad Program Entail?
- Formal Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real world hands on project
- Quarterly networking opportunities & professional development workshops among peers and company leaders
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
- Mentorship opportunities
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Accounting / Finance Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Back to top