Unit Manager Resource Development
UNIT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position manages the short and long-term demand of development and scrum master resources across technologies and platforms. Meets business needs through technical staffing by collaborating with Resource Managers within the Application Development Center (ADC) and working with Portfolio leadership to determine immediate and future needs.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and/or 5 years Information Technology OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- 3 years management and/or leadership.
- Knowledge of the development resources skill set demand by product/technology
- Experience or knowledge in application development platforms.
- Experience in resource planning and forecasting tools.
- Time management / prioritization.
- Excellent oral & written communications with the ability to both frame technology issues in business terms and explain business concepts to technical audiences.
- Ability to understand business products & operations and the underlying business needs that drive IT resource requirements.
- Experience working effectively with stakeholders at all levels in an organization
- Work in a diverse team environment and to meet critical deadlines
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects, needs, and potentially conflicting goals
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing multi-disciplinary environment
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience working with project teams, leadership and aligned technologies across the following portfolios: Customer Engagement, Finance, Provider and Government.
- SDLC Methodology - Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development.
- Experience or knowledge in optimization of developers across technologies and platforms, leveraging vendor resources to augment development capabilities as needed.
- Experience or knowledge in the development of scrum teams with required skills (training) to support long term IT goals
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Chitra G.Business Analyst
Chitra works in the Provider Network Department, translating needs into technical terms so that designers can create new features and enhance existing tools.
Back to top