tor Enterprise Clinical Operations Learning & Development
Job ID: BDP-1018427 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for leading the enterprise-wide clinical and non-clinical operations learning and development strategy to ensure building of employee skills needed to achieve business objectives for Clinical divisions. Responsibility for all aspects of training; including needs assessments, design and delivery, and evaluation. Works closely with business partners to assess organizational training needs and internal and/or external resources to support the plan. Directs a team responsible for curriculum design/development, delivery and maintenance of operating procedures, workflows and job aids that align with contractual requirements and/or program policy documents.
- Bachelor Degree.
- 10 years of experience with focus on learning and development with at least 5 years of people management experience.
- Experience ensuring processes support and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Experience in identifying and analyzing problems/issues and recommending and implementing preventive solutions.
- Experience/ skills to lead and direct process improvement within a complex culture using formal and informal channels to get learning and development initiatives implemented.
- Experience and skills in development and management of business metrics.
- Knowledge of change philosophies.
- Negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including working across functional teams and working with m management/executives on sensitive issues.
- Technical skills and knowledge including database analytics.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience translating activities into results.
- Skills to instill trust, motivate and work with other people and lead a team of management and professional staff in multiple locations.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight stays.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Clinician currently licensed in state of operations with 3 years clinical experience.
- Managed care or health care experience
- Project Management certification or other nationally recognized certification
- Master degree in health care field or learning and development related field.
- Knowledge of MEDecision care management system.
Requirements: Expertise Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top