Systems Analyst - Java
Job ID: PP-1018837 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
This position is responsible for assisting the IT Product Manager with lifecycle management of an IT product (application family); triaging inbound requests for the product manager (i.e. bug fixes or new projects); acting as a proxy for the IT Product Manager to interact with project teams and assisting the IT Product Manager with the tactical activities related to product management.
The ideal candidate for this position will not only have a strong IT background but also experience with Java development. Even though there are no day-to-day development responsibilities, this person must be able to understand Java (mid to senior level) to be able to perform code reviews and assist with design changes when needed. This person must also have the technical aptitude to learn existing application code and processes to assist the development team with triaging when complex issues arise.
Required Core Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM and 4 years software development experience, OR 8 years Information Technology, including 4 years software development experience.
- Experience in application development platforms and/or languages (Java/C/C#/HTML/CSS/JSP).
- Experience with Java applications using Spring Framework, Hibernate, and Maven.
- Experience in iterative, agile and/or scrum development.
- Experience with basic configurations of application containers (WAS, Tomcat, JBOSS, Docker, etc.).
- Experience with writing basic SQL queries.
- Adaptability and/or ability to manage change.
- Creative thinking.
- Problem solving/analytical thinking.
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Technology.
- Strong developer/engineer experience (OOP, Concurrency, Caching, Design Patterns)
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Leadership skills (ability to influence and effectively lead teams and people).
- Real-time application analysis tools such as Introscope or Visual VM.
- Experience with complex queries and stored procedures.
- Familiarity with Fee for Value provider reimbursement programs.
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience in cloud computing (SaaS/PaaS) or AWS.
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top