Systems Analyst- Java
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for assisting the IT Product Manager with lifecycle management of an IT product (application family); triaging inbound requests for the product manager (i.e. bug fixes or new projects); acting as a proxy for the IT Product Manager to interact with project teams and assisting the IT Product Manager with the tactical activities related to product management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong IT background and experience with Java development. Java exposure should be at a level (mid to senior level) to be able to perform code reviews and assist with design changes when needed. Successful candidates should have the technical aptitude to learn existing application code and processes to assist the development team with triaging when complex issues arise.
Required Core Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM and 4 years software development experience, OR 8 years Information Technology, including 4 years software development experience.
• Experience in application development platforms and/or languages (Java/C/C#/HTML/CSS/JSP).
• Experience with Java applications using Spring Framework, Hibernate, and Maven.
• Experience in iterative, agile and/or scrum development.
• Experience with basic configurations of application containers (WAS, Tomcat, JBOSS, Docker, etc.).
• Experience with writing basic SQL queries.
• Adaptability and/or ability to manage change.
• Creative thinking.
• Problem solving/analytical thinking.
• Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions.
• Teamwork and collaboration.
Preferred Job Qualifications (these will set you apart from other candidates):
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Technology.
• Strong developer/engineer experience (OOP, Concurrency, Caching, Design Patterns)
• Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA.
• Leadership skills (ability to influence and effectively lead teams and people).
• Real-time application analysis tools such as Introscope or Visual VM.
• Experience with complex queries and stored procedures.
• Familiarity with Fee for Value provider reimbursement programs.
• Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
• Experience in cloud computing (SaaS/PaaS) or AWS.
• Ability to tie together solutions across systems.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Sr. Tooling DevOps Engineer
Aparna coordinates with her team in Chicago as they work to activate a wide range of applications onto newer platforms while acclimating users to the new apps and processes.
Back to top