Job ID: PP-1014456 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for designing new business applications or significant application enhancements as well as be part of the team delivering on information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements. In this role you will serve as a technical analyst and a designer to identify the best solution to solve the business problem. Your work will result in technical specifications within limits of the application and code environment as well as linking the Business Analyst needs and Architect definition to technical implementations.
As a System Analyst at HCSC you will perform application and technical forensics work, provide subject matter expertise to the project and maintenance/support teams, and troubleshoot production incidents and problems. Your role places a critical link in the development of technical requirements and the development of the IT Products. The Candidate will also be responsible for detailed design of system components and solutions, translating business requirements into technical/physical design, support the first infrastructure build with Solution Architects and Infrastructure Engineers, and will even help evaluate integration of SaaS or COTS packages to our current environment.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field and 2+ years of experience in Information Technology OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 4 years of experience in Information Technology experience OR 6 years of experience in Information Technology experience.
- Knowledge of application configurations for object oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of and experience working with Scripting Languages, object oriented programming languages, and batch oriented technology solutions
- Knowledge of and experience working with Service Oriented Architecture like SOAP or REST (i.e. Java JAXB)
- Knowledge of and experience working with Web-based Technologies
- Must be a Creative thinker
- Proven experience in Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Strong oral/written communication skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- A self-starter, someone who doesn't need constant supervision but knows the job and work at hand and drives to execution and completion the project work at hand.
- Knowledge of Backend load, Batch process – General DBMS knowledge on data load (Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2)
- Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS (e.g. DB2, SQL Server)
- Knowledge of tooling like Apache JMeter, SoapUI/Ready API, Splunk
- Knowledge of Wily or similar APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tool
- Knowledge in Pegasystems technologies.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top