Strategic Sourcing Senior Advisor
This position is responsible for identifying, developing and executing sourcing strategies for the most cost effective pricing and best service; developing strategic sourcing processes by partnering with users to define specifications and requirements; managing the strategic sourcing strategy for a specific group; analyzing industry markets and assessing risk, gathering intelligence on fundamental conditions, and technical information that affects the commodity.
Critical member of a high performing team, responsible for executing on strategic supplier solutions in support of Retail and Government Program markets. Responsible for fostering business critical relationships with suppliers and business stakeholders that are key to the organization. This position is accountable for managing all aspects of strategic sourcing including following procurement best practices, guiding internal resources, facilitating requirements, contract drafting and negotiations, gathering and conducting data analysis and research, training and mentoring junior team members, and implementing the identified opportunities directly alongside senior management.
Required Job Qualifications:
• College Degree in Business or Finance, or 6 years of relevant experience
• Expert knowledge of strategic sourcing principles
• Effective team leadership; strategic thinker who is energized by change and impact.
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical skills and business acumen to determine how to best leverage deal points.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Consistent thought leadership
• Extensive experience in project management and contract negotiation.
• Extensive experience developing presentations and presenting to management and other internal groups.
• Self-sufficient on all projects, with minimal to no leadership direction
• Ability to lead projects without much leadership guidance
• Lead and drive to desired customer outcomes
• Problem solver who can drive change
• Viewed as expert in field, either process or domain expertise
• PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPointPreferred
• 4 - 8 years of experience in strategic sourcing and contract negotiation, or higher-level education (e.g. Juris Doctorate).
• Knowledge of HCSC organization.
• Knowledge of Business Process Outsourcing
• Knowledge of Insurance industry - Medicare, Medicaid and Affordable Care Act preferred
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Procurement / Strategic Sourcing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top