Sr Web Visual Designer Specialist
Job ID: JR-1015684 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for the design, development, and creation of user-centered designs for Web and Mobile sites. Responsibilities include human factors engineering, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing for Web and client based applications as well as metrics setting and monitoring for assessing the usability of the Web application. Works to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of Web sites in collaboration with UX Designers, Product Managers, Engineering Staff and other Web Designers. Must be able to perform usability tests, provide design prototypes and provide ad hoc user interface consulting Responsible for requirements gathering and articulation of user interface issues, including development of page/site prototypes. Must be knowledgeable of user-centered design methodology, user scenarios, usability testing, storyboarding, paper and interactive prototypes. Must have demonstrated skills in graphic applications, HTML development tools and other applicable authoring tools, Web production, front-end development using programming and scripting languages. Must be able to integrate design into program rules and system architecture and create innovative approaches to improving the end-user experience. Must be familiar with platform/browser compatibility and basic usability issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Graphic Design, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of combined IT and graphic design experience.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience building Web and Mobile-enabled sites.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe website design software.
- Able to understand HTML and strong working knowledge of Web generators and photographic libraries.
- Possesses a portfolio of Web and Mobile sites or solutions.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Independently solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members.
- Experience working with UX.
- Prior experience with design of sites for healthcare a plus.
- Experience with both internal and external sites a plus.
- Experience with Sketch design software a plus.
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top