Sr User Experience Designer
Job ID: CM-1018495 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
The C1 Innovation Lab will be opening in the West End area of downtown Dallas this August. The name draws reference to our customer-first culture (C1C) as well as the innovation solutions that will be imagined, piloted and quickly deployed complementing our already strong and growing foundation of innovative capabilities.
In this Innovation Lab, a cross functional team of strategists, designers, technologists paired with a dedicated Customer Service and Care Coordination teams will co-exist and will be focused on developing solutions that will help our largest national employer accounts make health care more affordable and improve health outcomes for their employees and our members while continuing to provide exemplary service.
As a talented Sr User Experience Designer, possessing a passion for innovation and a strong point of view for what makes design "good", you will lead the development and implementation of digital design strategies which enable initiatives driven through C1. You will translate client, user and business needs into unique and compelling UX / UI solutions
This position is responsible for assisting in shaping the customer experience across digital and non-digital channels using a variety of internal tools (websites, portals and applications); working with the solution owners and business teams to clarify user requirements, understanding of user roles, creating designs, testing with users and incorporating feedback into the designs; partnering with IT architects and developers to ensure the designs are feasible and can be delivered; assisting in creating wire-frames and high fidelity UI mockups according to requirements and customer design standards; and providing a foundation for ensuring the ability to consume the IT solutions.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years of experience in User Experience and/or Human Factors Engineering.
- Experience gathering and prioritizing user requirements and designing user interface externals.
- Understand the limitations of the platform and the technology on which it will be delivered when designing new features and enhancements.
- Understand current and emerging e-commerce related technologies.
- Experience in applied UX research and design expertise in mobile and tablet solutions.
- PC experience and skills including Microsoft office applications of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in CIS, Graphic Design, or Computer Science.
- Experience with sketch design software a plus
- Three or more years of UI / UX design experience.
- Extensive experience in using UI / UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams.
- Experience or familiarity with scrum and agile methodologies.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Understanding of Design Thinking principles
- Some understanding of designing for Section 508 compliance
- Familiarity with asset management tools such as JIRA
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top