Sr. Technology Architect (Infrastructure/Security)
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members." Basic Function: As a member of the Enterprise Architecture Services team, you will be at the forefront of systems architecture definition and implementation (including applications, data and technology domains) for any one or more of our business technology portfolios. Enabling our business processes with new and innovative ways to deliver services and value to our customers will require someone with the ability to translate business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large, complex IT solutions. This person will need to be a respected leader who works well with others, has enough charisma to influence and guide others in challenging situations, and is motivated by long-term results while addressing short-term needs. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in related technical / business areas or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years technical experience in multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments including 4 years of technology architecture experience
- Comfortable in more than one programming language and has a firm grasp of fundamental web, internet, and mobile technologies
- Understands all domains of architecture and applies that knowledge to create solution architectures to solve complex business problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Experience in defining and negotiating solution options while considering risks, costs, and impact on the enterprise business processes and goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and communication
- Able to mentor others as needed
- Experience or knowledge with architecting infrastructure and security solutions.
- Experience or knowledge of infrastructure technologies and as-a-Service platform offerings.
- Experience or knowledge with Application performance monitoring, DevOps tools and CI/CD processes.
- Experience or knowledge with applying security solutions like SSO, Oauth, and IAM/User Registry.
- Experience or knowledge of how security controls are positioned and how they relate to the overall systems architecture
- Experience in the healthcare insurance industry
- Experience delivering solutions using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience applying enterprise integration patterns using SOA, API's, microservices, message-based, and file-based approaches
- Experience with applying data integration patterns using traditional and modern data technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top