Sr. Technology Architect
Job ID: PA-1019204 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
The Information Architecture Sr. Technical Architect at Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is responsible for the development of an information architecture strategy that provides improved capabilities for a specific business portfolio or enhances major portions of the existing information processing and delivery environment. The Sr. Technical Architect applies his/her technical and non-technical skills in developing, communicating, and leading an information architecture vision for their respective portfolio. Operating within the Enterprise Architecture Services team, the Sr. Technical Architect will translate the client's business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs, integrate their architecture within new or existing application or data platforms, and act as an advocate for the client's business objectives.
- Bachelor Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Management, Programming, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics OR a related discipline with an advanced degree preferred, or its equivalent.
- 10 years of technical data experience, including combinations of: data modeling/analysis, ETL architecture and development, and reporting/analytics delivery.
- Experience with multiple relational database platforms, designed and constructed for different consumption patterns.
- Familiarity with NoSQL data platforms.
- Practical experience with Hadoop data platforms, such as an understanding of the Big Data architecture, and minimally, usage of Apache Hive.
- Demonstrated history of developing and communicating conceptual, logical, and physical data architecture programs.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to present your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences in an organized manner.
- Strong business acumen, strategic and analytical thinking, root cause analysis, and creative problem solving ability.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Healthcare industry expertise
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top