Sr Technology Architect
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
As a member of the Enterprise Architecture Services - Information Architecture team, you will be responsible to drive optimal data architecture that efficiently and effectively presents an integrated view of enterprise data for both operational and analytical business processes. Also serve as a leader guiding on data architecture decisions and solutions to project teams.
- Define and lead the delivery of data architectures to support both operational and analytical needs.
- Define optimal data integration solutions and patterns to meet business requirements
- Assist the Enterprise Architecture team in the development of future state information architecture strategy.
- Support the implementation of data strategy, future state architecture through architecture solutions on projects
- Guide product teams in the design and delivery of various data products
- Advance the practice of architecture across the organization
- Lead, mentor and coach data architects, applications architect and other team members.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Management, Programming, Economics, Engineering, OR a related discipline with an advanced degree preferred, or its equivalent
- 10+ years of technical experience, including:
- Experience in the creation of data policies, standards, reference patterns around various data integration and data consumption capabilities.
- Experience with various data modeling and design patterns around operation data stores and data warehouse.
- Working knowledge of ETL, SQL, Hadoop(Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hbase) and BI tools
- Working knowledge of next generation data platforms including Streaming technologies, Spark, NoSQL, Graph, Data Virtualization, in-memory datastores and self-service data platforms
- Working knowledge of next generation data platforms on major cloud vendors like Azure, AWS, GCP
- Demonstrates the ability to provide technical leadership on large complex data integration projects
- Demonstrates ability to balance tactical delivery with strategic vision and can articulate the tradeoffs and recommendations as needed.
- Understands all domains of architecture and applies that knowledge to create data solution architectures to solve complex business problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Experience defining and negotiating solution options while considering risks, costs, and impact on the enterprise business processes and goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and communication
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in the healthcare insurance industry preferred
- TOGAF certified (plus)
- Experience delivering solutions using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- A keen understanding on how security controls are positioned and how they relate to the overall systems architecture
- Experience with Cloud strategies with a focus on delivering data platform capabilities.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson, IL - Chicago
Back to top