Sr Systems Analyst
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
This position is responsible for designing enhancements and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements; serving as technical designer to identify best solution and resulting technical specifications within limits of code environment; linking Business Analyst needs and Architect definition to technical solutions.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years Information Technology OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6 year Information Technology experience OR 8 years Information Technology experience. Experience with Data analysis: must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Experience developing/use of DB2 and Teredata databases to analyze and interpret results using standard tools and techniques
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to present findings, or translate the data into an understandable document.
- Mine data from primary and secondary sources
- Clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information
- Proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; take responsibility when needed;
- Experience in producing System Data Requirements, Functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience in data mapping.
- Knowledge of UNIX
- Knowledge of application configuration
- Knowledge of Big Data Analytics - HADOOP
- Knowledge of Cloud computing / SaaS / IaaS / PaaS technologies
- Knowledge of Integration Technologies - Talend/ Datastage
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages - BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY
- Experience in Requirements definition & management
- SDLC Methodology - Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development
- System Performance management
- Conceptual thinking
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis
- Enjoying discovering and solving problems
- Being able to work in stressful situation when insights in (new) data sets is required quickly
- Experience preparing presentations and communicating findings to internal and external customers.
- Experience working with little supervision to consistently meet deadlines.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related
- Ability to execute
- Math Skills: Data analysts need math skills to estimate numerical data.
- Experience in Data Quality and Data Audit and Controls.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Back to top