Sr SOC Analyst
Job ID: JR-1019138 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Want to be on the cutting edge within a company undergoing real positive transformation in Cyber Security? Terrific opportunity for a skilled Security Operations Center professional to join a top cybersecurity team in a superb IT organization. HCSC is innovating IT with an exciting dynamic approach to solving business problems. It's a fantastic company where exciting things are brewing, and cybersecurity has a massive role. Technology research and innovation with best of breed technologies, extreme programming, cloud, mobility and machine learning solutions. On top of that, executive leadership is fostering a culture of excellence and empowering every employee to grow and succeed. If you are interested in joining a team leveraging threat intelligence to combat cybercrime, utilizing red teams to perform adversarial simulation, threat hunting and data analytics, along with a 24/7 next generation SOC you need to be here. Don't just get a cybersecurity job, come to HCSC and seize the chance to be insanely great.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for monitoring multiple feeds in a 24/7 environment to immediately detect, verify, and respond swiftly to cyber treats, e.g. vulnerability exploitation, malware, cyber-attacks, etc.; serving as a technical escalation resource and provide mentoring for Tier 1 Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts; working collaboratively with multiple teams and personnel; working with other SOC analysts as well as subject matter experts within the larger distributed Cyber defense team including; cyber threat hunters, threat intelligence analysts and forensic investigators; participating and take active role in red-team/blue-team simulated attacks and table top exercises; partnering with Security Design and Architecture Engineers to implement and improve technology and process to enhance SOC monitoring, investigation, and response capabilities.Required Job Qualifications:
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years work experience in a relevant role, i.e. SOC Analyst, Incident Response, Cybersecurity Threat Analyst
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail in conducting analysis combined with an ability to accurately record full documentation in support of their work.
- Experience with event analysis leveraging SIEM tools (e.g. Splunk, ArcSight),
- Log parsing and analysis skill set and previous experience developing and refining correlation rules
- Experience with NIDS/HIPS/EDR infrastructure & tools.
- Experience with Signature development/management (e.g. Snort rules, Yara rules)
- Experience with protocol analysis and tools (e.g. Wireshark, Gigastor, Netwitness, etc.)
- Experienced in mentoring and training junior analysts
- Working knowledge of current cyber threat landscape (e.g. threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technology
- Knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Knowledge of Data Loss Prevention monitoring
- Knowledge of forensic techniques
- knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc.)
- knowledge of penetration techniques
- knowledge of DDoS mitigation techniques
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- Experience in an enterprise environment with any of the following: ArcSight, Sourcefire, TrendMicro DDI, Splunk, Hadoop
- Experience in System or Network Administration, Penetration Testing or Application Development
- Security Certifications Preferred (Including but not limited to the following certifications):oCybersecurity Nexus (CSX) Practitioner oCertified Incident Handler (GCIH)oCertified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)oOffensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)oCertified Expert penetration tester (CEPT)oCertified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)oNetworking Certifications (CCNA, etc)oPlatform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc).
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top