Sr. Project Manager
Job ID: KD-1019128 Description:
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for leading large complex projects or a program with a number of sub-projects; ensuring the project scope is aligned with the stated business objectives; setting and managing customer expectations; managing and escalating issues and changes; developing and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders to obtain project objectives while working in a matrix project environment; and having a thorough understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and project management and enterprise processes.
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years of health care industry and/or IT experience or 5 years project management experience
- Provide a strong blend of technical and business acumen to drive the design, development and implementation of strategic projects/programs with a consistent focus on demonstration of business value
- Extensive understanding of and demonstrable experience in project delivery and managing large, complex projects/programs
- Manage project financials including monitoring and reporting on budget expenditures
- Ability to influence others
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Robust analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently and within a matrix team environment
- Executive presence and able to manage stakeholder expectations
- Agility and flexibility to adapt to constantly changing priorities while meeting deadlines
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Health care acumen or other business/IT experience
- Knowledge of Clarity PPM system
- Understanding of different delivery methodologies – XP, Agile, Waterfall
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top