Sr. Program Manager
Job ID: KD-1019125 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide program(s) consisting of multiple projects; being accountable for end-to-end delivery of a complex program (could include multiple projects), including managing the cost / budget, schedule & dependencies, resources, scope, quality, and risk; developing the program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise-wide high-level project plans; providing a strong blend of technical and business acumen to drive the design, development and implementation of strategic programs; building a sufficient level of knowledge of IT products and LOB to enable targeted probing of delivery feasibility and conflicts with other projects; ensuring integration of program and corresponding sub-projects and adjusting program scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. Responsible for driving deliverables and activities with PDL and IT Product Managers by removing barriers, escalating risk/issues, building consensus, and driving decisions, as well as tracking key program milestones and recommending adjustments to program leadership and team.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree and 6 years of Health Care industry and/or IT work experience OR 7-10 years managing projects and some experience managing complex programs.
- In-depth knowledge of business area and/or industry/technology included in scope.
- Leadership experience in multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
- Ability to work both independently or in a team environment on multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in developing and reviewing program/project budgets and cost/expense information.
- Experience delivering action plans to allocate resources across programs.
- Experience in negotiations and managing conflict; organizational / political savvy.
- Experience in facilitation skills, with strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience in project management lifecycle, project/program management, and portfolio management methodologies and tools.
- Good judgment and quick business decisions.
- Ability to influence (direct / indirect reports, project stakeholders, and leaders) and manage in a matrix organization
- Ability to handle ambiguity, with the agility and flexibility to adapt to constantly changing priorities
- Structured, organized and methodical in execution; takes ownership and accountability for outcomes, drives for results and drives certainty in deliver
- Develops trusted relationships and demonstrates deep Interpersonal skills
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to development to testing to production deployment and maintenance; deep understanding of common software delivery models OWF, Scrum, XP
- Knowledge of Clarity PPM system and expertise in Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PPT, Word, Project
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in project delivery and working in complex programs
- Consulting experience.
- Health Care or Insurance Industry experience.
- Previous Solution Delivery Methodology or CMMI experience.
- PMP Certification preferred.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top