Sr Infrastructure Engineer - Network
Job ID: DG-1019464 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
This position is responsible for Collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and/or 4 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6 year Information Technology experience OR 8 years Information Technology experience.
- Infrastructure Automation
- Operations Management
- ITIL v3
- IT standards, procedures, policies
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Understanding of business priorities (e.g., vision), trends (e.g., industry knowledge) and markets (e.g., existing/ planned)
- Oral & written communications
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
- Supplier management
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
- Drive cross functional execution
- Adaptability and ability to introduce / manage change
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Organized and detail oriented
- Analytical and problem solving skillsPreferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or related degrees).
This position is responsible for planning and designing complex data and voice communication networks. This person will be responsible for performing the following functions:
- Research and development of networking technologies;
- Understand business requirements and design networks to meet requirements;
- Develop project plans and coordinate across IT functions
- Implementation of new technology and systems, installation and maintenance of network infrastructure;
- Contribution to establishing and maintaining communication standards and network practices.
- Prefers 7+ years of experience in the data / voice communications field.
- The successful candidate will have experience in logical design of networks, research and development, and hands-on configuration.
- A strong focus on teamwork, communication and documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of QoS, OSPF, IPsec and BGP use and design in the enterprise WAN.
- Experience in design, implementation and support of multi-tier enterprise class data center utilizing Cisco Nexus 9K/7K/5K.
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI and spine /leaf data center design and architecture and principals.
- Demonstrated experience in design and optimization of wireless solutions.
- Functional knowledge of security best practices, design principals and hardware such as firewalls, VPN concentrators and load balancers.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top