Sr Infrastructure Engineer- - ELK
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for Collaborating with Solutions Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, and Infrastructure Service Management teams in the design and build of infrastructure solutions/blueprints for area of responsibility; participating in the design and build of repeatable patterns (build-kits) to improve deployment times for non-prod and prod environments; transitioning knowledge to Infrastructure Operations.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree and 4 years in Information Technology or relevant experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6 years of Information Technology experience OR 8 years of Information Technology experience.
• Infrastructure Automation
• Operations Management
• ITIL v3
The ELK Stack engineer uses Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, FileBeats, MetricBeats, and possibly other ELK Stack components to design and implement application log analysis and infrastructure log aggregation & monitoring solutions.
Proposed Roles for Candidate:
• Familiar with the provisioning, configuration and design of the Elastic Cloud Enterprise platform 1.1
• Familiar with Elastic Stack version 6.x.
• Designs, implements, and configures Kibana visualizations as required per business initiative.
• Designs and configures Elasticsearch instance(s) per business initiative.
• Designs Elasticsearch indices to efficiently store business data to optimize for performance as well as the assessment of capacity management for future growth.
• Designs access control using X-Pack.
• Configures X-Pack including Shield, Watcher, Marvel, Graph, and Reporting.
• Configures Logstash, FileBeats, MetricsBeats and possibly other ELK Stack components to collect and the store the data necessary to meet business initiative requirements efficiently.
• Trains application area team members to build a center of excellence knowledge base
•Sizes and configures Elasticsearch clusters and shards.
• Proficient with Elastic Stack components, especially Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana required.
• Understands the capabilities of x-pack and its various functions
• Understands the capabilities with the various beats integration components.
• Ability to convert business requirements in to ELK related implementations
• Good Communication skills, ability to integrate with a diverse technical environment and proficient in critical decision making and issue resolution.
• Proficient with the configuration of Beats including FileBeats, MetricBeats, and others strongly desired.
• Familiarity with Java a plus.
• Proficient with Azure hosted solutions a plus
• Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems a plus.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Sr. Tooling DevOps Engineer
Aparna coordinates with her team in Chicago as they work to activate a wide range of applications onto newer platforms while acclimating users to the new apps and processes.
Back to top