Sr Director Mainframe & i-Series
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for Sr leadership of day-to-day operations and engineering of Mainframe and Mainframe technologies; overseeing 24x7 Operations monitoring, alerting and incident/problem resolution; driving active participation in Service Transition activities (Knowledge, Test, Change, & Release activities) with the design/build team; leading the internal service delivery team to effectively manage the IT outsourced infrastructure services to meet SLAs and business expectations; managing escalations from business partners.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree and 7 years Information Technology experience with extensive technical breadth OR 11 years Information Technology experience with extensive technical.
• 5 years of progressive management and/or leadership in technical areas.
• Experience in Mainframe Infrastructure and software.
• Knowledge of supporting services and tools
• Knowledge of ITIL v3.
• Vendor and IT sourcing management.
• Customer relationship management and strong customer service orientation.
• Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques.
• Change management/ training disciplines and concepts.
• Ability to establish and maintain trust with customers and partners at all levels of the HCSC organization.
• Drive cross-functional execution and leverage a lean operating model.
• Adaptability and ability to introduce / manage change.
• Drive conflict management in high pressure situations.
• Smart risk taking.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in relevant field (IT, Engineering).
• IT standards, procedures, policies.
• Knowledge of relevant technologies in storage, mainframe, compute, and networking.
• Understanding of future technologies and industry trends.
• Oral & written communications.
• Provide effective employee development.
• Demand / consumption management.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Waukegan, IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top