Sr Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Job ID: PS-1015062 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
The main responsibility of the role is to lead and/or participate in capability development efforts or capability enhancements in the Cybersecurity Domain in general, with a focus on Encryption (security data at rest and in transit, PKI and other automation solutions, encryption of data in cloud solutions, etc.). The position requires a broad understanding of technology engineering & architecture principles, as well as in-depth knowledge of the complexities associated with delivering mature IT capabilities in a large corporate environment. The successful candidate would be able to drive forward engineering initiatives that meet business needs and ensure a smooth transition to operational owners.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 10 years relevant IT experience, e.g. IT Solution Architecture and/or Engineering
- IT/Security Implementation Lead Engineer or Solution Architect experience and mindset
- Broad and deep conceptual understanding of how Applications, Platforms, Operating Systems and Networks function
- Knowledge of encryption solutions, certificate and key management solutions, data encryption in cloud applications, and other crypto solutions
- Experience leading PoC efforts in complex environments, accounting for all architectural & engineering implications to establish mature capabilities
- Ability to develop processes, runbooks and integration patterns that can be maintained to be used by integration or operations teams
- Understanding of security topics applicable to capability development
- Ability to quickly research and understand complex, specialized information security problem spaces
- Great technical decision-making ability on information security concerns with long-term impact
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, encryption and other security controls and principles
- Organized and process-oriented
- Highly organized, having the ability to manage multiple concurrent workstreams
- Understanding of process and its benefits in a mature IT environment
- Expert at navigating a matrixed environment
- Adept at building cross-functional, mutual-beneficial relationships
- Effective communication skills
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson, MT - Helena, OK - Tulsa
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top