Sr Communications Consultant
Job ID: DM-1019329 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for developing and executing a variety of communications to meet the needs of multiple audiences through interaction with clients and management at all levels of the corporations; drafts, edits and supervises the production of communications (print, web, etc.) to be distributed to a variety of audiences; acts as a mentor to other team members.
- Bachelor Degree and 7 years' experience in copy development, editing and print project management OR 11 years' experience in copy development, editing and print project management.
- Knowledge and judgment of design, print production and fulfillment processes.
- Leadership skills to mentor staff, handle escalated issues and assist management.
- Project management experience and skills to lead projects and handle multiple projects with shifting deadlines simultaneously.
- Work well under pressure with short deadlines.
- Verbal and written communications skills to interact with clients with confidence, develop an array of communications to various audiences, and influence the decision-making process.
- Verbal communications skills to handle sensitive, confidential information and handle department issues with appropriateness and sensitivity while influencing positive outcomes.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications or equivalent experience in health care industry preferred.
- Background in operational communications and experience with health care a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic communication plans related to insurance agents and brokers and group audiences a plus.
- General understanding of the Affordable Care Act and experience communicating other federal and/or state regulations.
- Experience handling multiple tasks with changing deadlines. Flexibility. Adaptability. Familiarization with continually shifting priorities.
- Experience handling complex projects and translate them into clear, concise communications messages.
- Proven innovator, knowledgeable of current communication practices, trends, technologies and channels.
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent people skills.
- Ability to create clear, simple and concise messages, and create templates for use for future related needs.
- PC and database experience.
- This position will be based out of our Richardson office.
Requirements: Expertise Communications, Project Management Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top